We are only a few days away from the kick off of Kicking Cancer’s Butt Tournament 2014. We have 37 teams registered and have raised $9,275 so far. We can still squeeze in one more team in the Friday evening section and one in the Saturday Afternoon section. And if you are still looking to sign up individually, details of how to sign up as an individual can be found here.
- Format: The games are 7 vs 7 (1 Goalie and 6 outfield players) Coed (a minimum of 2 male and 2 female players on the field at all times). You can have as many substitutes as you wish.
- Field: All games are at the LOUIS RIEL DOME, indoors and on artificial turf. THERE ARE TWO SOCCER DOMES ON THE SAME ROAD ONLY A FEW HUNDRED YARD APART. The games are NOT at the Hornets Nest Dome, they are at the Louis Riel Dome: See google maps
- Footwear and Shinguards: No metal cleats are allowed. Any other type of cleats, blades, turf shoes, indoor soccer shoes, running or tennis shoes are acceptable. We strongly recommend shinguards but they are not mandatory.
- Food & Drinks: We will be running a barbecue at the dome and all money collected for food and drinks will go directly to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
- Uniforms: All teams provide their own uniforms. The do not need to have numbers or be identical, just as long as all of them are some shade of blue or orange or whatever colour you choose. Please bring a change of shirt in case of colour clash
- Rules: You can find our 7-a-side rules on our website. Please read our blog post for an explanation of the unique “Bribe the Ref” rule for the tournament.
All teams play a minimum of 3 x 30 minute games
Teams Registered for the FRIDAY section:
All teams will play their first game at either 6.30pm or 7.00pm
Just for a bit of fun we will be doing an FA Cup style open draw at 6.25pm for the Friday section. ALL TEAMS SHOULD BE at Louis Riel Dome by around 6.15 as we will be going over the rules and making the draw.
The Friday section will last from 6.30pm to 10.30pm. The qualifying team(s) will play in the playoffs at 6pm on Saturday.
Teams Registered for the SATURDAY EARLY SECTION:
All teams play their first game at either 10am or 10.30am.
The schedule has already been posted. There is a possibility that it may be adjusted slightly over the next day or two, but the final schedule will be posted by Wednesday evening.
ALL TEAMS SHOULD BE at Louis Riel Dome by around 9.45am as we will be going over the rules before the tournament starts.
The Saturday Early section will last from 10am to 1.30pm. The qualifying team(s) will play in the playoffs at 6pm on Saturday.
Teams Registered for the SATURDAY LATE SECTION:
All teams play their first game at either 2.00pm, 2.30pm or 3.00pm.
The schedule has already been posted.
ALL TEAMS SHOULD BE at Louis Riel Dome by around 1.45pm as we will be going over the rules before the tournament starts.
The Saturday Late section will last from 2pm to 6.30pm. The qualifying team(s) will play in the playoffs at 6.30pm on Saturday.
Playoffs (all sections)
The top 8 overall teams (1 or 2 from Friday, 2 or 3 from Saturday Morning, 4 from Saturday afternoon) from the three sections will qualify to play in the playoffs on Saturday evening from 6.00pm to 9pm.
Schedules for all sections can be found in the Schedule and Standings section of the Ottawa Footy Sevens website.