We are only a few days away from the kick off of Kicking Cancer’s Butt Tournament 2017. We have 16 competitive and 16 recreational teams taking part on Saturday and here is the information that the participants will need.
Although we have already collected almost $11,000 there is still plenty of time to contribute to this year’s tournament whether it is online, in person at the tournament, by bribing a ref or by buying tickets for the KCB 8 Stand-Up show . . .
- Format: The games are 7 vs 7 (1 Goalie and 6 outfield players) Coed (a minimum of 2 male and 2 female players on the field at all times). You can have as many substitutes as you wish. All players must be added to your roster on the footy sevens website.
- Check In: Please check in with Chris, Dan or Andrew when your team arrive so that we know that your team is there
- Field: The tournament is being held OUTDOORS at CARLETON UNIVERSITY. Please dress accordingly as we go ahead rain or shine.
- Footwear and Shinguards: No metal cleats are allowed. Any other type of cleats, blades, turf shoes, indoor soccer shoes, running or tennis shoes are acceptable. We strongly recommend shinguards but they are not mandatory.
- Parking: Paid parking is available in parking LOT 5 which is the parking lot between the two fields. It is a flat rate of $3 per day at the weekends. There is also free parking available across the road at Brewer Park, but it is a 2 hour maximum.
- Food & Drinks: Unfortunately we will not be running a cafeteria this year but there is a Subway and a Tim Hortons in the main Athletics building.
- Uniforms: All teams provide their own uniforms. The do not need to have numbers or be identical, just as long as all of them are some shade of blue or orange or whatever colour you choose. Please bring a change of shirt in case of colour clash.
- Rules: You can find our 7-a-side rules on our website. If you need a really quick run down of the basic rules, you can find them here.
- Bribe the Ref: Please read our blog post for an explanation of the unique “Bribe the Ref” rule for the tournament. During group games, teams can “Buy” a penalty from the referee with a $5 or $10 donation to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
Tournament Schedule and Format:
All teams play a minimum of 3 x 30 minute games. The schedule has been published on the Footy Sevens schedule and standing pages.
We have split the teams into two sections, a more competitive one and a more recreational section: There are 16 teams in rec and 16 in the competitive.. The more competitive section is made up of teams that usually play in Division A or B in our larger leagues and the more recreational section is made up of teams that usually play divisions C, D or E. Each of the sections has 4 x 4 team groups. The top two teams will qualify for the playoffs.
All Teams are Registered for the SATURDAY AFTERNOON SECTION:
- All teams play their first game at either 12.00pm 12.30, 1.00pm or 1.30pm
- Teams playing at 12.00 or 12.30 pm should check in by 11.45am at Raven Road Fieldas we’ll be doing the cheque presentation and going over the rules before the tournament starts. Please check your team in at Raven Road Field even if your first game is at MNP Park so that we know your team has arrived.
- The group sections will last from 12.00 to 4.30pm.
- The qualifying teams will play in the playoffs at 4.30pm-7.30pm on Saturday.
- Schedules for all sections can be found in the Schedule and Standings section of the Ottawa Footy Sevens website.